This course is part of the Domain of One’s Own pilot project. As part of the Domain of One’s Own project you will author and administrate a personal website, close read multimodal texts for form and theme, and compose with a variety of digital tools.
- No prior experience with web design or digital authoring is required for successful completion of course work
- Student work will be published to the web and available to reading publics beyond the class and university
- Once you have completed the course, the site you built is yours to continue to develop into a personal cyberinfastructure that may include, but is not limited to, course projects, a professional portfolio, resume/CV, social media feeds, blogs, and community engagement materials.
- You can find lots of helpful guides in the Domain Student Documentation pages.
Reclaim Hosting: Domain and WordPress
You are building your own website in this class to which you will publish a variety of major and minor assignments as static pages, blog posts, and audio/video files.
- You are required to pay $12.00 for a domain name through Reclaim Hosting
- Reclaim Hosting host your domain and provide you with a variety of one-click software installations such as WordPress, MediaWiki, Drupal, etc.
- The majority of the web authoring you are required to perform will be through WordPress.org
- From the second day the class meets we will spend time developing Domains. Though the tools are an important component, the course is designed to develop writing skills.